Match.com is one of the most known and popular websites for online dating, operating in multiple countries. Your Match.com account may carry lots of information and data about yourself. Therefore, if you are not using Match.com anymore, when it has fulfilled its purpose, and in certain other scenarios, you may need to close it.
Read the article and go through the information given below to get an answer to the question “How to delete Match.com account?”.
How To delete Match.com account?
When you delete and close your Match account, all your messages, likes, photos, and other data will be deleted from the website. The step-by-step procedure of removing the profile and account on match is given below.
- Login to your account on the website Match.com. You will have to use your registered email on Match.com as well as your password for the website here.
- Click on the profile picture that is located at the topmost right-hand corner of the website page.
- You will find the option “My account settings” in the menu that appears. Click on it.
- The next menu that appears will give you the option “to suspend or to delete your account, click here”.
- Here you will have to decide whether you want to delete your account, or only want to suspend it for some time.
- To delete your account, click on the option “to delete your account and permanently remove your profile from the site, click here”.
- If you only want to deactivate your account for some time, choose the option that asks you to suspend the account.
- Post your testimonial. The option will come to you at the end of the account closure process. The website will use your feedback for improving the services.
What happens when you delete a Match.com account?
Once you delete your account on the Match.com website, all your data is removed from the website and your profile is no longer visible to other users. Any data that you have on your profile and the account including the messages and photos will be removed.
Ensure that you cancel your Match.com subscriptions before you close your account on it. It will ensure that you do not get any emails from the website further.
Can you reactivate a deleted Match.com account?
You can reactivate your account on Match.com by the time the subscription term has not expired/ended. If your subscription term remains, you can log in to your account by using your email as well as your password.
After you provide the information, you will find the option “reactivate” on the profile (on the topmost section of the website, within the navigation bar).
You can click on the navigation reactivate button and follow the subsequent steps to reactivate your account. However, if your subscription has expired, you will have to purchase a new subscription as you will not find the “reactivate” button in this scenario.
Can’t delete Match.com account?
You may not be able to delete your Match account if you have forgotten the password of the website and cannot log in to it. If you have a password manager software and tool, you can search it to find out all the stored passwords. Else, you will have to set a new password by using the “forget password” method and then log in to the account.
Remember that you may not get the option to delete your account on Match.com on the app of the website and your smartphone. Smartphones may get stolen or lost, and therefore companies usually do not provide an option to close the account on the handheld devices. To delete your account, you will have to log in to Match.com on a personal computer or a laptop.
Other information related to the Match.com account
Those who have subscribed to membership on Match.com through iTunes and their Apple devices should ensure that they cancel the renewal of the subscription in their Apple device. They can cancel the subscriptions by navigating to the “settings” section.
For any other help associated with your account (including its suspension or deletion), you can reach out to the customer care of the website by sending them an email to customer email@example.com. The website also has a toll-free number, which is 800 926 2824. You can call the customer service of Match.com on this number.
When you close your account on Match.com, any renewals of the memberships will get canceled automatically. However, if you are paying through installments, there may be certain payments that must be made.
Closing or reactivating the account on the website is a hassle-free and easy process. However, you should be aware of all the necessary steps and the various aspects related to an account or subscription on Match.com.