Hud is one of the best hookup dating sites in the entire world. But although the site is not for serious dating, one cannot sign up for free. There are different subscription packages whereby you can choose from one month, three months, six months, and yearly. Can you cancel your Hud app subscriptions, and which is the best process to follow?
Hud app has an automatic subscription option whereby the app instantly deducts the payment schedule when the period elapses. So you have to cancel the Hud app subscription to stop this manually.
The cancelation method depends on the type of phone you use (Apple or Android phone):
How To cancel a Hud App subscription?
Canceling subscription on iPhone
- Open your Apple phone’s settings and tap on your name
- Then tab on subscription, and you will receive a list of different subscriptions you have on the phone
- Then select the subscription you wish to manage ( in this case, choose the Hud app)
- Once you select the Hud subscription, please scroll down to the cancel option and click on it
Canceling the Hud subscription on Android phone
- Go to Google play store( the one you signed up the app on)
- Click on the menu, and you will get a list of option
- Select subscriptions from the list
- Chose HUD- casual dating app subscription
- Then scroll down and choose the “cancel subscription” option
- Click finish, and your subsequent subscriptions will be canceled instantly.
What happens when you cancel a Hud subscription?
With the Hud app, you need to be subscribed to access the settings and features on the app. If you opt to cancel before the subscription elapses, you will still enjoy the services and features of the app. But, once the subscription expires, you will be limited from accessing these features. Hence, you have to subscribe to the same package or another one to access the app. The canceling subscription also means that no money will be cashed to the app.
How to delete the Hud account?
- Go to your app account.
- On the top left side, tap on your profile to open the profile’s settings.
- Then scroll down until you get to the “delete my account” option
- You will be given two options;
- Pause account which works like hide my account
In this option, all your details will be preserved such that you can reactivate the account if you wish to go back.
Then there is the delete option which allows you to terminate the account altogether.
In our case, click on the delete option, type in the reason for deleting the account, and click OK.
Once you delete your Hud account, you will lose:
- All profile information
- Chat history, messages and photos shared
- Views and likes of your profile will be lost.
How to deactivate the Hud account?
Deactivating your Hud account is like putting it on hold.
So, all your details will be saved, but you will not receive messages and other notifications. The process is similar to deleting the account, only that you choose the PAUSE option instead.
Here is how to deactivate the Hud app:
- Go to your app account
- On the top left side, tap on your profile to open the settings of the profile
- Scroll down to the “delete my account.”
- Then select PAUSE and finish
Does deleting or deactivating the Hud account cancel the subscription
The answer is no! If you delete the account before you cancel the subscription, you will continually be deducted the amount of the package you subscribed to.
Therefore, follow the process of canceling the subscription before deleting your account.
What is the difference between deactivating and deleting the Hud app?
Deactivating means putting your account on hold such that you will come back to access it after a while. All personal information ranging from profile info to lives and views will be preserved in such situations.
On the other hand, deleting my account means getting rid of it, whereby you lose everything.
If you are tired of the Hud app and want to close your account or feel the subscription is draining your savings, these guides help you cancel a subscription, deactivate your account, and delete your account.
Keep in mind that you have to cancel your subscription before deactivating and deleting your account to avoid deducting the package money in the future.